Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sadie Goes Home!


This is Sadie. She was a shelter dog who came and lived with us for about a week. She was adopted from the shelter as a puppy and after more than 2 years she was returned. She had been left outside alone and as a result she got bored and began to develop the habit of escaping. She was stealth, and she could run faster than any dog I've ever seen. Beyond her escaping habit she was a great dog both indoors and out.
After our attempt to foster her proved too much to handle in our busy home, Lynn of Jefferson Feed and Garden Center took her into the store and fostered her there. I felt terrible that she couldn't stay with us, but I knew with her escaping habits she would be safer at the feed store. Last Saturday I attended the "Adopt-a-thon" event at Clearview mall with Sadie in tow. She generated a lot of interest and I felt confident it wouldn't be long.
This morning I received an email from Lynn letting me know that Sadie had gone for an overnight visit to meet her potential new pack members. Everything went well and Sadie's adoption was completed today!
Congratulations Sadie!
It turns out the "Adopt-a-thon" was a huge success as well, resulting in 46 total adoptions!
Saturday Adoptions16 Puppies/Dogs7 Kittens/Cats
Sunday Adoptions15 Puppies/Dogs8 Kittens/Cats
Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment