Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Let's do it again...

A lot has happened since my last post in January. Life got hard there for a while, my dog Chippewa developed a severe spinal problem and needed lots of care. We've since lost her and miss her terribly.



Jake was finally adopted in late March. His new mom reports that he is "the best behaved dog she has ever met!" I had to giggle as I remembered the antics of Jake.


Once Jake was gone I took some time to heal from my loss and give my husband a chance to forget some of the stress that Jake brought to our lives during such a trying time. I was desperately lonely without my best friend so, after some searching we adopted Tucker. He was just a baby and we agreed we would spend some time letting him grow and become a part of the family before bringing in more fosters.


Now Tucker is 6 months old and very well behaved so we decided it was time to do it again. We heard about a momma dog with 4 babies who needed foster care. Animal Rescue New Orleans was willing to take her in but they have no space and were desperately seeking foster care. We filled out the foster app, passed a home visit and I'm very honored that we are working with them.






So, I'd like to introduce, momma dog: Haha, and her 4 babies: Haru, Natsu, Aki and Fuyu! They have been here for about a week and are doing great! Haha was living on the streets with a homeless man who apparently was trying to sell her puppies at only 1 week of age. A good Samaritan intervened and now she and her babies are safe. She is quite skinny but she is getting what she needs now and will soon be healthy again. She is sweet as sugar, very tolerant and calm. She ignores the cats and other pets and she simply just wants to be loved. Her babies are all very outgoing and friendly. I will be making an individual post for each of them soon. For now you can enjoy watching them on the web cam!

No comments:

Post a Comment